Where to begin?
The Smart Start
Seeking good financial advice isn’t always easy. You may learn the basics through a high school financial literacy program. Your parents may have been coaching you since you were a tot, and of course, we all learn from experiences, but until you find a trusted resource sharing information that is relevant to you and your situation or challenge, it can be frustrating.
PCM has created a program to guide you, so you may get a smart start on your finances as you grow and move forward in your education and/or the working world. We are here to help you face the challenge, so you can succeed!
Smart Start! — Special Salute to Our 2020 Grads and Young Adults!
Be Smart About Saving… Pay Yourself First and Keep it Going!
Obtain and maintain these qualifying PCM services and you’ll receive $100!*
- Open a new PCMCU Membership and $5 Regular Savings. If you are 18 and older you may start your new account through the new Online Account opening feature on our homepage. Or click here to begin! If you are under the age of 18 we ask that you please contact PCM’s Member Services in Green Bay (920) 593-2200 or Member Services in Marinette at (715) 732-4051 to set up your account, as a parent or guardian is required.
- Open a new PCMCU No Fee Checking account with $50 opening deposit.
- Obtain an instant issue Mastercard Debit Card. Simply contact the credit union to request your new card. We recommend once your receive your new PCM debit card, you enroll in CardValet to protect your card usage. Learn more about CardValet here!
- Enroll in PCMCU Free eServices, including Virtual Branch and Mobile App. Start your new Virtual Branch access by Clicking Here and then follow the prompts to enroll. Once you are enrolled in Virtual Branch, you may download the Mobile App on your smart device.
- Enroll in eStatements to receive your email notification when your statement is ready to view. You will enroll in eStatements by logging in to Virtual Branch, selecting the Self Service tab and clicking on eStatements under the Additional Services section.
Once you have completed these steps you’ll be on your way to smart saving with PCMCU! We welcome you to the family!
*One time bonus deposit of $100 will be deposited to the new regular savings account at the end of the month in which you open the membership. Smart Start program offer is available on all new member accounts, age 16-24. Certain restrictions apply. This bonus is considered other income and may be reported on IRS form 1099-misc. If the account is closed by the member or by PCMCU within 6 months of the opening; the bonus $100 will be deducted at closing. Please contact the credit union if you have any questions on this special program. $100 Smart Start promotion begins June 11, 2020 and is available for a limited time.
The Smart Start program invites you to set up financial services and systems to organize your money and also have convenient access and resources to maintain a successful membership. This would begin with a minimal $5 deposit to a Regular Savings Account, plus No Fee Checking with debit card access, free eServices and eStatements. The beginning to your financial future starts here!
Beyond this first step to a smart start, we encourage members to take advantage of financial education resources and tools to help them build and improve their savings habits, financial knowledge and continued learning as they advance in today’s world.
PCM partners with a trusted resource in financial wellness and shares educational opportunities on a variety of money management topics. You may learn more here through GreenPath Financial Wellness by participating in an online course, webinar or listening to the podcast presentations.
Creating a workable budget can be a daunting task if you don’t have the right tools or resources. After all, you want to set yourself up for financial success, right? To make this task less of a challenge, we’re sharing some additional tools to begin the process. Please feel free to call on us for assistance if you have any questions along the way.
Financial Resources You Can Use!
|Money Concepts for Teens and Young Adults Workbook|
|Guideline for a Healthy Budget|
|Interative Spending Plan Worksheet|
Learn all about opening a checking account here…
As you face life’s tough decisions, joyous moments and the unavoidable struggles we all face, we want you to know we’ll always be here! So call on us if you have questions, concerns or just want to share what’s important to you… we’re ready to listen!
We wish to inspire your financial wellness and stand by you as you achieve a successful financial future!
We’re People Caring More!