A Healthy and Safe Transition to Serve YOU! (May 29th)
While we continue our transition to best serve you and protect the health of our members, staff and community, We want you to know we’re still right here, available online… Visit Us Soon!
Dear Members-Owners and Select Employee Group Partners,
We hope this finds you and your family safe and healthy. Through this pandemic, we as a community have been through a great deal. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we’ve adjusted to this temporary change in business, as we strive to maintain the continued level of excellent service you expect.
Although we’ve had to face some changes, one thing remains the same… Our Commitment to Serve.
Through this all, we hope the financial resources and greater ease of access to your funds, plus free and easy managing of your accounts through PCM’s Virtual Branch and Mobile App have provided you with the confidence and control of your money you deserve. Utilizing electronic services for most all transactions is the safest way to conduct your financial business during this continued precautionary time period of the pandemic.
We are also taking precautionary measures to protect the health and safety of our staff and members as we continue this transition process. These steps will include the use of hand sanitizer stations, plexi-glass barriers, floor markers to assist with social distancing, and the use of masks for in-person appointments.
By Appointment Only: Starting June 1st
PCM’s lobbies will become available By Appointment Only starting Monday, June 1st, with limited transactions to be conducted inside the credit union. Please continue to use the drive-up facility for routine transactions that may not be completed through PCMCU’s eServices.
The Fast Lane Drive-Up
If you have a simple transaction, lane #3 at the Green Bay location is now designated for fast service! If you have multiple transactions or need assistance, we ask that you kindly use the other lanes for business. Thank you to one of our supportive PCM Members for this great suggestion! We appreciate it!
Fraud News Safety Warning (May 18th)
Online Sales Are Up… But So is FRAUD.
- Too good to be true, or excessively priced items? Research the retailer to make sure they have good reviews, verify the contact information and make sure the website is secure by looking for https at the start of the web address and the small closed padlock icon in the address bar.
- Due to Covid-19 your deliveries may be delayed. Know your rights in case the retailer cannot deliver within the agreed time frame.
- For your protection PCM has all international transactions blocked for debit and credit. A declined transaction may indicate that the transaction is international. We strongly encourage all card users to download our free CardValet App to assist you in monitoring the activity on your cards. Please refer to www.pcmcu.org, select Services and Card Security for CardValet details, or feel free to reach out to us anytime.
- A good rule of thumb is “If it’s too good to be true”, it usually is. Anyone can copy a picture off of any website and send you a cheaper version or nothing at all after you have already paid them.
- Research the reviews of the seller and the product outside of their website to validate the seller or item. Don’t only focus on the positive, also pay attention to the negative feedback.
- Shop where you trust, use merchants you are familiar with or have used in the past.
- A legitimate merchant will take great care of their online presentation. Watch for bad grammar or poor web design.
- After searching for an item online, you may notice it suddenly appear in your Facebook feed. Be leery of these ads as they are tracked through the cookies on your device.
- Review return and cancellation policies, READ THE FINE PRINT before ordering. Free trial offers usually result in further charges.
- When making purchases, keep your order details.
- Don’t provide more information than what is needed. Merchants should only be requesting name, billing and shipping information along with payment details.
- Disregard overly aggressive pop-ups or push notifications.
- Public WI-FI is unprotected so be careful not to make purchases or log in to secure sites while on a public network.
- Check the copyright if you are using an unfamiliar site to make sure it is up to date.
- Use strong passwords and NEVER share your passwords or PIN numbers.
- Keep your software and virus protection up to date.
Dan Wollin’s Video Update (May 6th)
For those who want to catch up on PCM’s continued efforts to help the people and businesses most affected by COVID-19, PCM President Dan Wollin has provided a brief video message, recapping the special programs that members are able to take advantage of, as well as other work PCM has done to support the community during this time of crisis. If you have any questions, we encourage you to email us at [email protected] or call 877-373-4023. Thank you.
Stay Safe, Stay Calm… We Understand and We’re here to Help! (April 25th)
There may be people worried about a number of things right now. It is during this time of uncertainty we must lean on those we trust for support.
PCMCU is here to offer the financial support to get you through the chaos and worry! We continue to provide the exceptional level of service, financial resources, and the access to funds and financial assistance you deserve.
Please take a moment to learn of PCM’s latest relief efforts:
- You may now access your CD, Top Ten, Club Account and DSW savings accounts without an early withdrawal penalty. We understand the need to access extra funds when times are tough. Call if you have questions.
- If you have your first mortgage with PCMCU, we have a unique money saving program available to you. You may reduce your rate and pay interest-only payments for 9 months. If you have not yet contacted us to take advantage of this offer, please call 920.593.2772 or email [email protected] This program could allow you added savings for other critical necessities in your life.
- PCM also offers financial coaching services. Maintaining a monthly budget is crucial. Please call on us, so we may help! You may also receive assistance through PCM’s trusted partner GreenPath Financial Wellness.
- Please remember your money is safe and secure at PCMCU. Your account is insured up to $250,000 per depositor by the NCUA. IRA accounts are insured separately. Complete details are available at ncua.gov.
Here are a few ways you may stay connected, calm, and in control:
- Virtual Branch – Login to your account to check your account balance, transfer money, pay bills, check your statement and more!
- Mobile App – Download the Mobile App, featuring Mobile Deposit, to your smart device to manage your money wherever you are. All from the palm of your hand!
- ATM access – No Surcharge ATM available at PCM’s Green Bay and Marinette locations, plus many other ATMs nationwide, found with the ATM locator.
- Online Loan Application – Find all our loan options on our website under the Loans tab and apply and close your loan electronically.
- Online Membership Application – Now available on our homepage in the top right corner… just look for the green “Apply for Membership” button and follow the prompts to complete a new membership request. Share the benefits of PCM membership with those who are important to you!
- Open an Additional Account – You may open an additional savings account or new checking account through your Virtual Branch account access. Simply login to VB and select Self Service, under the Member Requests tab you will click “Open Additional Account” and follow the prompts to save more with PCM.
- Drive- Up – PCM’s drive-ups remain open while our lobbies are closed until further notice.
- Debit and Credit Cards– Application for PCM’s Debit Card, Copper & Cash-Back Rewards credit card programs are available online. If you need a card replacement, you may call 920.499.2831 for assistance.
We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time. We hope this information and the resources shared help to inspire your financial wellness!
Be on alert for Coronavirus Stimulus Scams
- text messages
- social media messages and deceiving posts
- and phone calls
One particular Facebook scam is targeting users announcing they can receive special grant money to pay for their medical bills. From the post they are redirected to a fake website that appears to a government site asking for their Social Security Number.
This isn’t the only fraudulent activity occurring in regards to the stimulus. You must also be aware of the claim that individuals may qualify for additional funds, or when you are asked to provide payment for a so-called processing fee to receive the stimulus. Scammers are also looking for the opportunity to create counterfeit checks, similar to past attempts made during disaster assistance efforts.
Together we must be on the lookout for potential fraud related to the stimulus package!
Please understand that Government agencies will not communicate via social media platforms, such as Facebook, or text messaging, and you should never pay a fee or give out personal information to receive this grant.
Be Careful, Be Cautious, Be Safe!
Major Announcement for PCM First Mortgage Holders (April 16th)
Message from PCMCU President, Dan Wollin
The largest expense in most home-owning family’s budget is their mortgage payment. PCM has a money saving plan for all 1500+ members who have their home loan serviced at the credit union.
Through simple loan modification and rate reduction agreements, which may be completed by email, you can have your interest rate lowered to 3.49%APR* AND have your payment lowered to interest-only status for the next nine months! Less interest paid and a lower payment is a Big Win! Plus, there are No fees to take advantage of this offer!
During this time of uncertainty, having the option of not being required to pay down principle on your loan is significant. The typical family can reduce their housing expense by an average of $300 to over $1000 per month. Those savings can be used to help out other critical worries like transportation costs, utilities, child care, credit card payments, food, and building emergency savings.
All members who pay their home loan to PCM Credit Union may qualify. We truly appreciate your loyalty and support and it’s time to demonstrate our appreciation with this unique program. It’s all about people caring more.
If you’re thinking, “this is the best news in weeks!”, we’d have to say, “we’re so happy to have this opportunity to do our part and HELP”.
This program will begin Thursday, April 16th, with a dedicated team assigned to provide you assistance. Starting Thursday, if you wish to take advantage of this offer, we ask that you please email [email protected] or call (920) 593-2772 and provide your name and phone number in your response. This will then place you in queue for assistance and our team will respond in the order the inquiries are received. We thank you for your patience as we process each request.
*APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Interest-only offer available April 16 – June 30, 2020. New interest-only loan payment calculated at 3.49% is $2.91 per $1000. Certain restrictions may apply. Due to increased call volume we ask that you please contact the designated team for modification/rate reduction details at (920) 593-2772, and not your original mortgage lender, as they are currently handling all new mortgage inquiries. We appreciate your understanding.
PCMCU Member Update: Staying connected in the midst of social distancing – eServices make it Easy! (April 3rd)
Although it is extremely important to practice social distancing, we want to be sure we remain connected in serving your financial needs! It is during this time of “safer at home”, that we strongly encourage members to utilize PCM’s eServices so you may manage your finances from the comforts of home and not put yourself at risk.
You may also wish to consider using your PCM debit card to conduct non-cash transactions to reduce or eliminate the handling of money and paper checks that could potentially carry the virus. Using your mobile wallet to pay for items rather than using cash, offers a touchless way to pay for goods and services. Surcharge-free ATMs offer an easy way to get cash and are available at each of our credit union locations, and can be found with the ATM Locator on our website and mobile app.
If you are new to PCM’s electronic services or need assistance in any way, please call on us!
We’re also committed to helping if you find yourself facing financial difficulties…
Please contact us if you have been impacted by Coronavirus and are in need of financial assistance. We’re just a phone call away! Feel free to email or call us at 877-373-4023 with questions.
We’re here to help you with all your financial needs.
Your PCMCU Family
PCMCU’s Commitment to Help You! (March 23rd)
We are here to help you…
- Jackie Brooks, Financial Officer 920.593.2227 [email protected]
- Lesley Enz, Asst. Vice President 920.593.2223 [email protected]
- Jen Elias, Payment Solutions Specialist 920.593.2765 [email protected]
- John Witschel, Loan Officer 920.593.2218 [email protected]
- Brittney Francois, Loan Officer 920.593.2229 [email protected]
- Jen Shomin, Loan Officer 920.593.2232 [email protected]
- Joe Wollin, Sr. Loan Officer, 920.593.2217 [email protected]
- Michelle Christianson, Sr. Loan Officer 715.732.4281 [email protected]
Because We Care, We’re Waiving These Fees. (March 23rd)
Proper endorsement for Mobile Deposits (March 23rd)
Returning to the PCMCU Mortgage Center? (March 23rd)
New Marinette Drive-Up Hours – To start Monday, March 23rd
PCMCU will be adjusting the Drive-Up hours at the Marinette Branch Office to 9:00am -5:15pm.
Your Funds Are Safe With PCM (March 20th)
Dear PCMCU Member-Owners,
One assurance we would like to emphasize today is that your funds are safe at PCM.
Carrying cash or storing it in your home is a risky practice. If your money is lost, stolen, or destroyed it is not insured and cannot be replaced. We are equipped with digital tools to make it easy to transfer money and make payments without using cash.
Your funds are federally insured by the National Credit Union Savings Insurance Fund. PCM Credit Union is listed in the Top 200 Healthiest Credit Unions by DepositAccounts.com. Our recent ranking was 52 out of over 5300 credit unions nationally, putting us in the top 1%!
Every storm has an ending. Every storm produces a finite number of waves. Every wave we navigate brings us that much closer to calm waters again. Its on the horizon.
Dan Wollin, President
Message from President Dan Wollin (March 18th)
Dear PCMCU Member-Owners,
I have worked at PCM Credit Union for 31 years, and this is one of the most challenging times I have ever seen. What we do in the foreseeable future will tell all of us how successful we have been in cultivating our People Caring More culture. This is our time to shine, to walk the talk, and base all our decisions on what is best for the members.
Let’s take one example. We have just implemented a policy of $2000 maximum cash withdrawals per day. Some members fear we are going to run out of cash or go under and lose their money. All fears are valid, but not always accurate. We do not believe it is in our members’ best interest to be keeping excessive cash. Trust our balance sheet. Trust in our Federal NCUSIF insurance fund. Trust our history. We are not in panic mode. Trust in us.
Early withdrawal penalties or fees will not be imposed on Christmas Club, Top Ten, or Dream. Save. WIN! Accounts. Payment deferrals for up to 90 days on many types of loans are available to you if needed. We have not charged a late fee in years, so no worries there. This is a start on things we can do to help you out.
Expect regular communication from us in these fast-changing times. We will get through this rough patch together. PCM Strong. Members for life.
Dan Wollin, President
Member Savings Update: Financial Ease (March 17th)
PCMCU understands the financial stress this pandemic may cause. To alleviate some of the potential strain on your pocketbook, we will be temporarily waiving the penalty for any early withdrawals on the following savings accounts: Dream. Save. WIN!, Top Ten, and Christmas Club. Funds will be available without restrictions, however members will still be required to contact PCMCU’s member service department to conduct these transactions.
*This does not include Share Certificates.
This is an update on our efforts to keep you, our staff and the community safe, while continuing to provide our “People Caring More” level of service! (March 16th)
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads throughout the United States, I wanted to personally reach out to you to let you k now what PCM Credit Union is doing to support our members, our staff and our community. Please know that we are monitoring the situation closely and following the guidance of the CDC.
We understand the stress and uncertainty that this is creating for all of us, and I want you to know that we are here for you. To accomplish this best, we are taking a proactive approach to support social distancing by closing our lobbies effective Tuesday, March 17-April 13. This is subject to change based on the CDD and public health recommendations.
Our drive-up will remain open during our normal business hours. We are transitioning all other services to phone and email communications. Our staff will continue to assist you with the same personal experience you’ve come to trust.
We encourage you to stay updated through our website and engage in your Virtual Branch online banking and our PCMCU Mobile App, with Mobile Deposit. Both give you easy 24.7 access to check your account history, transfer funds, and much more. If you’re new to eServices, please take a moment to learn how you may enroll in Virtual Branch by watching the short video shared here on our site.
We are also fully capable of processing loans remotely from application through closing. Our loan officers are available to serve you whether you apply online or by phone.
Our People Caring More philosophy ensures that we can continue to serve our member-owners while taking these important protective measures. By supporting one another, we can demonstrate how strong we are as a community and nation.
Please stay tuned for further updates…
Dan Wollin, President
PCM Credit Union